Let us help you run your home or office green and efficiently
Did you know that on average the electricity generated by non-renewable fossil fuels for a single home puts more carbon dioxide into the air than two vehicles? It’s hard to say how much, but we all know that much of this energy is wasted. Below are some tips you can use to save money and energy on your next electrical bill:
- Switch to compact LED light bulbs: LED’s are the safe, green and cost-effective replacement for incandescent and compact fluorescent bulbs. LED bulbs use up to 80% less energy than incandescent bulbs and also put off little to no heat, which helps cooling costs.
- LED bulbs last between 50,000 – 80,000 hours which means that if you were running them 8 hours a day, you could expect them to run for 17+ years.
- When looking for home lighting bulbs choose bulbs that have the ENERGY STAR label.
- Keep lights off in rooms you’re not using. However, be mindful that turning lights on and off a few times an hour actually draws more power than leaving them on for the entire hour.
- Outdoor Lighting: Use outdoor lights with a photocell unit for a motion sensor so they will turn on only at night or when someone is present. A combined photocell and motion sensor will increase your energy savings even more.
- Plug any air leaks. Common leaks occur around windows, doors and other wall penetrations. Plugging with weather stripping and caulk can save you over $100 for the winter.
There is a lot you can do to use less energy both in your home and daily life. Give us a call today for more energy saving ideas. We can be reached directly at (402) 817-1400. We look forward to being your trusted residential and commercial electrician in Lincoln, NE.